Saturday, September 20, 2008

I LOVE this place...


Today my friend KC invited me to go to A&M today to watch them "play"...I don't know if what we say could be considered playing, but I digress. But it reminded me why I love this place. It's awesome walking around and seeing all these familiar faces -- its like being back in college and being surrounded by friends. You see so many people that you haven't seen in forever, and around every turn you have something that brings back a great memory -- those fountains around campus that you and your friends decided to swim in one night walking back from northgate (all 5 of them), that restaurant you used to frequent for breakfast tacos -- with friends after those late nights, that place where you sat forever with your friends, laughing forever until the tears came rolling down your face...This place has so many great memories - I only wish i could rewind back time and be there again with all of my favorite people!

And the football games - I forget how much I LOVED those games (and how much I love now that I am old and can sit through the game! HA!) It amazes me how all the people you sit around at the game become your friends as you cheer and sigh together (and have to listen to other's commentary and try not to laugh at how excited they get about the little things!)

I also got to see my friend TE, if only for a second, and give him a great big hug...which also bought back so many memories of all the great friendships I made at A&M.

My other favorite part fo the trip was half time -- now I love the Aggie Band - they are AWESOME...they are always a treat. But today they invited the Prairie View A&M Band to play at halftime since Miami didn't send their band. OH MY GOSH. I don't even know where to start. Their "drum leaders" were out of control. They start out with marching in, and then the "dancing" starts...then the "humping the air" ensued...and the best part was when they hit the ground and continued with their "dancing". Then the "Black Foxes Dance Troup" came out. Now, they had these capes on...and then those puppies came off...and they were wearing these bright yellow outfits (there was less than a yard of material on each girl) and strutted onto the field to shake their bootie...and that they did. So with all of the bootie shaking and humping going on, it was probably the best half time show EVER and had the stands clapping and whooping. I swear the Ag's that were older than class of '80 were scratching their head wondering what the hell was going on. I only wish I was quick enough to get it on video.

Update: they posted it on you tube....here is a link...it is AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fT_rm2S6ds


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know being a tea-sipper makes me a little stunted, but if you graduated from school YEARS ago, how exactly is it that your friends are still there? Are they having trouble graduating?? I be confused.

k lippe said...

Sister, it is just something that you just don't understand...we all go back to visit as much as possible...so it is the people we knew in college, just back to watch them play (or lose, whatever) the football game. But we understand that you UT people are different. very different. ha, ha! LOVE YA!