and fast is how I feel like my life is moving....I need more time. More time to get things done...at work, at home, to hang out with friends, to try to get my life back together! Things are good...just way too busy. Here is a summary of the past two weeks:
Brunch with the girls at Stella Sola (I think I got that right!) it was way yummy!!! Here is me, SM and KC (pre-baby -- since then we have sweet little RFC to coo over!)
and of course, the other side of the table - PR, MG (who, just MOVED BACK to HOUSTON!! WHOOP!) and LG!
and in case you didn't know - it was rodeo time in Houston. Here is my and KC at the rodeo enjoying the suite of a sweet friend of KC to see Billy Currington!
and since it is Rodeo time, you can't be complete without seeing someone like KID ROCK!!! WHOOP! one of my favorite pictures - after he ripped off his shirt. No, not to see that, jsut because it was such a big deal - with fireworks and everything when he did it!
and work dinners with two of my favorite people who moved here from LA -- and this sweet little man....the son of my friend JD. HE IS SO CUTE!!! and he loves his fake aunt Karen, although you can't tell it from this picture.I swear he was smiling, but the camera comes out and hte deer in the headlights ensues...
and then a wedding of a sweet girl that worked at KPMG with us....below is me and CL - who used to be a staff of mine at KPMG...
and a bunch of the KPMG girls with the beautiful bride (who's dress was AMAZING!)
and with KF - who I swear lives about 2 blocks away and I never see. It was so great to get to see her...and she gave a GREAT toast to the bride and groom!
and of course, me and LM - my "date" for the evening. yes, that is a sunburn. yes, it was bad. that is what I get for trying to go out in the sun for hte first time!
other than that - just a lot going on. Work is crazy busy - a whole new re-org was announced in my old business unit which is kind of crazy. Then KC had her baby...and one of my friends officially "adopted" their daughter -- and are just awaiting word to be able to bring her home. and one of my favorite people from work lost her husband....and it is just terribly sad. We all ache for her....he was so young and it is just so sad. (Say a little prayer for her and the rest of their family...)
thyroid is okay....have identified I have a hip problem that has turned into a knee problem...so I have 6 weeks of dr ordered physical therapy which hopefully will solve it. and other than that, I am just trying to sleep, workout and make it through the day! Sorry for the quick update -but I just haven't had time to do much more!! I'll try to get better...we'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment