have i said lately how excited I am that my older sister has moved to Texas? they bought a great house in Austin, and they have been working on fixing it up -- painting, refinishing floors, and just repairing everything they find. It has been such an amazing experience for them -- and they have had a chance to spend some quality time with the family too. Their stuff finally arrived from NYC and they were laughing that all they moved basically fit into one room in their house. Who would have thought?!?! all those years in NYC definitely did not allow them to be pack rats!!!
last night I got a sweet surprise that they came to H-town.....i wish I could say it was just to see me, but J has to leave for work and needed a chinese visa since he has to fly into shanghai. So they came down to go to the embassy and work that out....and the best thing was that we got to have dinner and a slumber party. we went to cafe lily, which I just love - if all I could eat there was there "humos" and the house salad with marinated feta and tomatoes I would be the happiest girl alive...but them they have so many other great things -- little pies, skewers, and other great "lebanese" food (although, it was the same stuff we had in Greece!) - its all yum!!! And then we went home to hang out and watch TV and just be together....which I just love more than anything. I laughed this morning when L got out of bed and said that was the best night of sleep in a LONG time....I told her that didn't mean much since they have spent the last couple of weeks either on a blow up mattress or staying with friends.....although I will say that my bed is really comfy! (the couch - not so much, but it was worth it to get to have them there!!!)
I am so glad that they live closer so these "random" gatherings can occur...I love my sweet sister and her GREAT husband...they are so much fun to have around. I am a little bit sad about not having my NYC connection anymore, but that won't stop me from visiting!!! I just can't wait to go hang out in the new house!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment