Sunday, October 3, 2010

a fabulous weekend....


What a fabulous weekend....it was just what I needed! Saturday morning I met up with some of my favorite staff from work to do the Susan G. Komen walk. We had discussed what we wanted to wear, and well, we decided to wear tutus. Who knew that wearing tutus would be SUCH a hit. Everyone wanted to take pictures with us...


I mean, we are kind of cute, aren't we?!?! We had so much fun walking and catching up and laughing....and even better, I got to see some old friends along the way! 


These two girls, CF and AA were in my fish camp so very many years ago -- we were counselors together in Camp Opal! We stopped and took pictures (and probably pissed off close to 300 people in the process) and then I got to walk with them a bit and catch up. I love moments like that! 

Then I ran home to change and shower to get ready for the St. Jude's Gala that evening. Our friend KC is the chair of the event so we have started going every year....and we always have SO MUCH FUN. This year we made sure to get there on time -- which was good because we got to bid on some great silent auction items....a little scary because after a few drinks, you add up all you are winning on, and well, you just decide to drink some more. ha!


Here are PR, me and SM...and below - the whole crew! 


PR and I sat next to each other at dinner and had a blast catching up! I heart her - and can't wait to celebrate our birthday's in a few weeks!


Here is KC and I...she is looking absolutely fabulous being preggo! You can't even tell at all!!!



and below is me, PR and LG....


And after the gala was over, and we had had a GREAT time, we decided to continue the part at the galant knight. Now, I admit, it wasn't as fun as it used to be when you could only buy canned bear and you were packed on the dancefloor and were so sweaty by the time you left....but it was still a fabulous time!!

No comments: