I meant to update before, but things have been a little crazy and I just haven't had time! But things are going really well. I was actually complaining to a friend yesterday about having to work late...and then I realized (and he seconded) that I probably shouldn't be complaining....my "busy season" went from lasting somewhere around 60 days (if I was lucky) to something more around, say 15 days (of which really only about 6 of those are "late" days. And with that, I got a nice little pay raise, every other Friday off, and even during the busy season, we don't work a lot on the weekends. It wasn't till I started putting it all into perspective that I really do have it good -- and I LOVE my job, and I love the people I work with....well, most of them! And like tomorrow - we will be working late - and we just get a hotel room next door so we don't have to drive home. And I know, I only work like 4 miles from my house, but it is a nice little change and I don't have to worry about commuting, breakfast, or anything. It's really nice, I tell you....especially when you are exhausted!
On another note, I never updated about my "goal" for December...it was a lofty one -- but I thought I could do it. I probably said it before, but I had hit a plateau last time I was on this big kick and I literally gave up, and never got below that number. This goal that I had set was around 6 lbs below that number....and I really felt like if I could break that, well, mentally it would be really good for me. Plus, it would help me start the year out fresh and KNOWING I COULD DO IT!. Well, I worked my butt off and was only 2 lbs off...but still below that number that had haunted me. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be past that, and to be mentally in a good place about it. My nutritionist was SO excited when I told her...she was so proud of me and that makes it even better to have such a great suppport network. And I can't forget my friend RH in the midst of all of this....the fact that she leaves her house at some ungodly hour to come and get me, and we go to the gym EVERY weekday is, well, the best thing a friend could ever do for me. It means SO MUCH to me that she does it...and I can tell you that having her has made all of the difference in keeping me on track. And even better, how she gets all fired up when someone, like the boys I hang out with, offer me things like Crave Cupcakes...she literally will spout things off and in some cases, I wouldn't be suprised if she sends them hate emails for not being supportive - I mean, they don't wake up everymorning at 4:30 to workout with me!
So, this year I have a LONG WAY TO GO... if I told it to you in numbers, you would gasp and shake your head and probably not totally believe me. I have huge goal for this year, that is totally realistic, it just means I have to stick to it. The good thing is, that I have changed my eating habits for the better and it truly has been a lifestyle change. I don't do the things that I used to do, which is phenomenal, and I know that when I want something (like that blueberry cake donut this morning...which I only ate 1/4 of it and made another girl at work polish off the rest so I wouldn't be tempted) I eat some of it to get it off my mind and go on...but I know if I do it, I have to be better, work out more, or do something to make up for it...but I DO NOT beat myself up about it. At least it is in moderation....which is totally unlike my old habits. So, all I ask of all of you is your prayers for the upcoming year -- that I can continue on this path, that I stick to all of my plans and even more, that when I fall off the wagon, that someone is there to remind of me of what I want and to get back on the wagon and continue on.
On another note, one of our friend's JB came in last weekend -- it was so good to get to see her. She was one of my staff at KPMG and moved to San Diego to live. She was in for the holidays and all of the girls got together for dinner and it was so good to get to see her, catch up and play with all the girls. They were so funny - they were going out, but I couldn't drink anymore (I wasn't supposed to drink all of December but there were a few outings where I had no will power and polished off a bottle of wine...each night, so I had to excercise some self control finally!). Thank goodness I didn't - it would appear that they ended up staying up till almost 5:30 am jacking around. Yes, it would have been LOTS of fun, although I would have been totally miserable the rest of the weekend! I am excited that she is moving back...eventually. it is so much fun to have her around!!!
Alright - that is all for now.....I have GOT to get back to work!
1 comment:
Yeah Karen!! I'm so proud of you for sticking to your goal! YOU inspire ME!! Love ya!
Post a Comment