Wednesday, April 28, 2010

lots going on....

as usual, there is just a lot going on. Friday was my day off and I had a great day...complete with a facial, manicure and pedicure. Heaven I tell you. Just what I want to do every Friday off!!! Then we went that night to see Chelsea Handler. SO FREAKING FUNNY. Inappropriate - yes. But funny.

then on Saturday I was so excited as we had our "old Authur Andersen / KPMG" brunch with this great group of girls. I just love getting to hang out with them and just catch up. We went to Cedar Creek and sat there for around 3 1/2 hours...laughing, talking, and working on a nice T-shirt tan lines!

sunday I went out to the H's house with LM and we smoked some ribs and hung out by the pool. this time when little WHH throws stuff into the pool, well, I could get it. Great. I think that just increased the number of things thrown in! But it was fantastic. I can't wait till it gets just a tad bit warmer and we can spend LOTS of time there!!!

This week we tried Tru Meals (its on Shepherd, just north of I-59) for our breakfast, lunch and for me, dinner. RH and I have both loved almost everything we have tried. I'm so excited to have something different than My Fit foods for a while. It was just not tasting as good as I would like and this is way more exciting - they use lots of spices and I am just pleased with it! and since I had a nice "chat" with my nutritionist this morning, I was just reminded that I HAVE to get back on track.

with being in midland, and then just "cheating" here and there, well, it hasn't been that great. I still lost the amount of weight that I should have, however, I could be losing SO MUCH MORE than I have been. So she did something for me - she wrote down by DAY all the bad things I had put in my mouth. When she did that, it was eye opening. I was embarassed. I admit it - I was. I had seen her two weeks ago and pledged to do better, and well, I blew it. And it wasn't like she was mad or made me feel bad - it was just more of "you need to do better -- and although you are doing better than the "old karen" you could be doing so much better". And I am reminded of all the money just flying out the door, for personal trainers, for food, for seeing the nutritionist, and I have decided (really, this time) to pull it together and for a solid month focus on it and see how well I can do. Because let's be honest, when the trainer kicks your butt for 50 minutes, its a LOT of calories burned...and to waste that with a cupcake, well, it just isn't worth it in the long run. So for the next month, if you see me wanting to eat bad, just remind me it isn't worth it!!!

So, over the next month, well, we will be kicking some butt at the gym, eating well, and really focusing on getting Karen on track. say some prayers, I'm going to need some serious will power.

No comments: