Last weekend I headed to Dallas....it was a perfect weekend to go and play. KJ had just started school and was all about some girl time, and we had an opportunity to Celebrate Baby M! I drove up on Friday and KJ, Trav and I got to hang out for a bit and then on Saturday a bunch of girls threw a baby shower for Baby M. It was so great to get to see a bunch of girls from College and all of the H's family who were in to celebrate the wedding! Above, me and the Baby Momma. Ironically, SM, KJ and I all wore black and white!
And here is KJ and I -- I have to say it again, that I love every time I get to go to Dallas to hang out with her...and her hubby too. I love how we just know each other and can laugh and pick up exactly where we left off last. I love that everything is so easy with her and that I can do my thing and she and Trav can do their thing and we will hang out a ton and have a GREAT time.
On Saturday after the shower, TE had a Younglife retreat, so I dropped off KJ to help out (and coveted a chair at the house where the retreat was happening - I told the lady who was hosting - that it took everything I had to NOT steal it...it would have fit in the tahoe!) and I ran off to run some errands.....and nap! Then I met back up with them for an evening of fun with the other Younglife volunteers....we had dinner at Fuzzy's Taco hut...yum! and then we went off to the Rangers game. Here are the E's at Fuzzy's.

I had to go to Midland for work on Sunday...and KJ convinced me to just fly from Dallas - it would work out that I could fly back there easier and drive home Wednesday to Houston and it would be $300 cheaper and I would leave and come back at the exact same time as if I went from Houston. What else did it mean? Pool time with KJ and dinner with Mags. YES PLEASE! So I ran off to Midland.
I met with my staff and went to go see the new plant we are building....here is a picture of the sunrise on the way to the plant. SO PRETTY. And I don't think that this picture really does it justice!

I had to get some new steel toe boots.....and they are SO AWESOME. I wish I had a picture of them - but I forgot and I left them in Midland so that I didn't have to take them back and forth. When I head back soon, I will take a picture. We walked into the Plant and one guy immediately asked what size they were and if I was really going to need them after today. One of my staff asked what size they were too - he was totally considering stealing them! I LOVE THEM!
The one thing I didn't love is the food options in the town where the plant is. This is where we had to have lunch. Let's just say that I was a little worried....especially since its a two and a half hour drive back and there are no places to stop on the way!!!

But my favorite part of the trip was when when my staff was talking about his watermelons that he grows at his farm. And he totally had one in the back of his truck. And he brought it in for my afternoon snack! How great is that?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment